I have an inner fat kid. Sometimes I cannot control him and he forces me to eat disgusting crap like marshmallows with peanut butter and grilled cheese with mayonnaise. My inner fat kid is basically trying to give me a heart attack for my 27th birthday.
If I had to describe my inner fat kid, he would probably look like Kenan from his good days of Kenan and Kel. (What happened to Kel, BTW? I imagine him living in a huge secluded mansion spending his days drinking orange soda).
1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Grilled cheese sandwiches. I love them. French fries are a close second though!
2. What’s your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Macaroni and cheese. It feels the void in my heart.
3. What’s the weirdest/craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Bull tongue and then bull throat. I've eaten a lot of animal parts from a bull.
4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
I can't stand coconut. I tell people I am allergic because I am literally so disgusted with coconut and I have no idea why. I must have had some traumatic experience with coconut as a child, who knows? And I can detect coconut in anything. And coconut shavings literally make my skin crawl.
5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Sheperd's pie. My mom would really only make this on Halloween and I always looked forward to it. I haven't celebrated Halloween in a couple of years and I always force my Mom to still make it for me the next day. It's delicious!
6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
Ha seriously? Ok I will attempt this at the very least. My recipe is for cerviche, which I make about once a week. It's super healthy, is very fresh and zesty and is super easy to make. It is also a Latin/Spanish dish so it also makes you look cultured.
- Take a lot of limes (like 12) and squeeze the juice out of them. Put juice in a bowl.
- Get some shrimps and take their tails off. Put them in the lime juice.
- While the shrimp are "cooking" in the lime juice, we're gonna chop some shit up.
- Take a tomato, an onion and a bunch of cilantro. Chop it.
- Take a jalapeno. Chop that. Remember to not touch the jalapeno without washing your hands after! Trust me...
- Once the shrimp starts to turn pink in the juice, you know it's done. Give it 15 minutes. It doesn't take too long.
- Slice up an avocado and arrange it on the dish so it looks pretty.
- Throw your chopped tomato, onion and cilantro into the shrimp and lime juice mix.
- Stir that around and serve!
It is seriously easy to make. You can eat it alone or with chips- either way, delicious!
Happy Sunday folks!